Thursday, May 5, 2016

How to Anoint a Candle for a Healing Spell


With any Magick you wanna do some research into what corresponds with your intent. For this candle spell my intent is healing for my 11 year old rottweiler, Sage, who just had surgery to remove a tumor. 





So I am going to use a blue candle for healing.





I used my porcupine quill to carve onto the candle my intent. I carved "Fast recovery for Sage"
You can carve with any sharp tool you have, quills are my tool of choice. 






For this spell I made a conjure oil for my intent. 
Grapeseed oil for the carrier
5 drops Orange oil
5 drops Rosemary oil
5 drops Eucalyptus
5 Cloves
5 shakes of Cinnamon spice

5 of everything, 5 ingredients, I'm not sure why I went with that, it just felt right.







I put three drops of my conjure oil onto my candle





And then rubbed it in all over, the bottom, wick, everything.
I've seen the oil dropped onto the center of the candle and rubbed up to the wick and down to the base to promote energy draw. Or just upward motions to promote upward energy. The choice is yours how you want to anoint. I've just always done 3 drops, Maiden, Mother, Crone.

While you are doing all of these steps remember to keep your intent in the front of your mind, always with the intent! That's why these pics are a little blurry, I was really focusing on my puppy recovering fast.

Please refer to my past blog on putting the magick into a candle if you are having trouble focusing on your intent. 
http://thewhiteravengirls.blogspot.com/2016/04/putting-magick-into-candle.html






I'm a big fan of sand in a dish as a candle holder. It will always fit every candle and I feel it gives a firm base to my intent. This sand is from Lake Tahoe which is one of my favorite places so it adds more Magick to my spells. 






Nessa and I made some loose healing incense a few weeks ago so I already had that prepared. I just lit a charcoal and set the healing incense to simmer next to my candle. You can use any incense of your healing choice. 






I also picked a stone for Sage, 
Green Kyanite
It's a balancing stone and known to be a natural pain reliever. 
I also anointed it with the conjure oil I made.








I added incense as needed and if I were to use this candle in more than one burning I would re-anoint it before relighting it, but since this melted away all in one sitting there was no need. 

Once the candle is out, as well as the charcoal, my stone will be fully charged and I will put it under Sage's bed as she recovers. 




)O(
AnnaStacia



P.S.
One of your greatest tools as a Witch is going to be your journal, or notebook, or Book of Shadows (whatever you wanna call it) Always write down all of your research and correspondence for spells. It will be so useful when trying to recreate an energy and help further your knowledge. 




No comments:

Post a Comment