Monday, April 25, 2016

Beltane and the Veil




When me and Nessa were brainstorming our Beltane blog series I kept coming back to the question, what is Beltane energy? What is it that we are working off of here? And even though we kept saying, it's fertility, it's renewal, it's rebirth, it just wasn't registering with my thought process. Because yeah we did spring, we've been working with this energy for a month now, what makes Beltane, May 1st, special? (I'm a little slow apparently lol so bare with me) Then I remembered we are on the opposite spectrum of Samhain and THEN it finally clicked!

I always knew that the seasons Down Under were opposite us but that was just a thing I knew, info to help my cyclic mind work. But this year is different for me. My son recently moved to New Zealand, and I hear about all of the seasons in complete opposition to ours. He is just now entering Autumn and next week is his Samhain.



So now, finally, why is May 1st special?

I believe that in the same way the veil is thin during Samhain, for Death energy to peak it's head in to mingle with the living, it's the same for Beltane energy. Only opposite. Do we celebrate fertility, and rebirth, and renewal so vehemently on this day because the veil between the unborn, or unfertilized would be more accurate, and the living are at it's thinnest? 

In my path we believe in reincarnation, and in every one of our lifetimes we choose who to be before we are ever even conceived. We know what struggles and triumphs we need to learn. We attune to a certain lifespan to further our own souls journey. Perhaps, during Beltane, these souls that are preparing to live again are what we can sense. They are not babies, they are still the energies we feel at Samhain, full of experiences and love and lose and sorrow and happiness and they are ready to do it again. They are ready to return to life and LIVE! So this miraculous energy of hope, and new, and taking the deep breath of pure Spring IS Beltane Energy. And the veil, thin and shimmering, is showing us unadulterated life force. The Earth is exploding with it, so are it's surrounding energies in every dimension.

This is why we celebrate creativity and love and faeries and being alive at Beltane. It's permeating from the very air we breathe! 




 I know that in-tuned Witches can feel the shadows slipping and the veil thinning at Beltane as well as Samhain. But for me it's a different energy but the same... 

"Same Same, but different!" - James Franco The Interview


Can you feel a shift in the veil at this time of year? Do you believe this crazy theory that maybe it's the departed souls that are preparing to come back and pick a new vessel? 

I can't help but think this makes the most sense of anything I've ever heard about Beltane energies. I would love to know what you believe is the source of Beltane energy.


Peace

AnnaStacia







No comments:

Post a Comment