Monday, April 4, 2016

Dreamcatchers






At the shop where I work we have many Dreamcatchers. About once a month our vendor comes in and has so many new designs. He is a Native American who lives somewhat local to us and his sinew weaves are just beautiful. Each Dreamcatcher comes with an origin story and I'd love to share it with you.




Dreamcatcher lore...

The Ojibwe are credited for first using the dreamcatcher, but many tribes have adopted it into their culture with slight differences in designs and legends. The natives believed that a dreamcatcher is hung to catch both good and bad dreams. The good dreams find their way through the sinew webbing to the hole in the center and pass on through down to the feathers where they are kept. The bad dreams are caught in the sinew webbing and destroyed by the first morning light








Do you use a dreamcatcher? Have you ever weaved one of your own? The one I use my sister made for me and I just love it. I cleanse it every so often, especially if my dreams start getting intense. I dust it with a soft cloth and hold it through some sage smoke or on a breezy day let the wind blow through the weaving. Until it's energy feels lighter again.



Sweet Dreams

)O(

AnnaStacia





No comments:

Post a Comment