Sunday, April 24, 2016

Beltane; A time to focus on YOU






This one is for those of us who hold onto failing relationships far too long. When the death rattle has been warning us for some time to just let it go, but we don't. We drag these unhealthy relationships with us to work, on vacation, to bed at night. Now I'm talking romantic or friendship relations. Sometimes a poisonous friendship can damage us worse then a romantic one.

Right now, with Beltane approaching is an excellent time to reevaluate our self worth and close up those wounds we just let bleed out like the freaking stigmata of friendships. 

An old toxic friend once told me that when you say 'Yes' to something you are ultimately saying 'No' to something else. Now this sounded like some self-help horse shit at the time, until I started saying 'No' to our friendship. Then I realized I was saying 'Yes' to being healthy and happy. 

So I had to ask myself, who am I saying 'Yes' to? Them? And ignoring my own needs and wants? Once you decide a relationship has reached its peak and it's all down hill from here it's a hard task to essentially break it of from that person. Some people are complete adults about it and have a serious talk about being happy and separate. Not me, usually I send off with a 'It's been real!' then I bone out like a Senior on graduation day and never look back. After some serious soul searching of course ;)

So here is an exercise  to help you bring in all of your pieces of you and decide if a relationship is really ready to rumble. 

Usually when we get to this point of extraction we are questioning ourselves, our motives, and where our true energies lie. This is very much a meditation exercise so please get comfortable into your most effective meditation position. 

I want you to take complete stock of your person, your toes, your hands, your heart, your brain. So that you can visualize your entire body and your body's energy. Now I want you to think about all the pieces of you that you give to people, you give your compassion, your love, your anxiety, and chances are you leave that energy with that person in that location.

So I want you to visualize your energy with a color, watch the color trails as they pour out of you into the world and attach to the people know, to the places you've been. I want you to watch it flow back into you. Bring it all back to you. Sometimes we feel stretched thin and when people in our lives are perpetuating this they could be grabbing our energy and running with it, so I want you to take it back. Take back your power, ground out what you don't need, send it back into the earth and empower yourself! 

Now that you are the true owner of your wants and needs, what do you want? Do you want this relationship to continue? Do you want to try again? Or do you like being you again?

This totally works for so many things in life. Whenever your energy is stretched thin and you feel like you're bumping listlessly, bring You back to you. Sometimes we give too much and we forget to love ourselves and respect ourselves. Know your self worth and know you deserve to be loved and cherished. Don't settle in romantic relationships or friendships. If you have to work so hard at it that you loose yourself, maybe it's not worth it.


Or maybe you realize... it really is.






Peace

AnnaStacia  








2 comments:

  1. Um. I completely love this and wish I had been doing this years ago. Hell. No time like the present, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Lissi!!! It's fabulous to gather yourself in such a powerful way. We're never too old to learn new tricks :D

    ReplyDelete