Friday, April 29, 2016

Business Networking for Beltane



This Beltane has been so much about finding out who you are as a person and then having the confidence to share that part of yourself with the world. 
So what about those of us who have small businesses? Now is the perfect time to put yourself out there!
All of the spells, rituals, incense, etc that we have talked about in these past Beltane posts can also be put towards your business. Beltane's extroverted energy can help overcome the obstacles inherent in job networking. A little Beltane-energized magick can help you cut through the sea of people to the ones who share goals and projects that are compatible to your own. Some of this comes from blending attraction magick with prosperity magick: think catnip and high john as a replacement for more erotic draws like musk and jasmine. In turn, you can use all that Beltane fertility energy to bring the right customers to your business while weeding out the customers who game the system and drain resources. This can also be geared toward employees if you are at a time and place where you need to do some hiring. 



First off, Make a plan! Know what you want for your business. If you have big dreams, then make it a point to try and figure out what exactly you can do to get you on the path to where you want to be. 
Make sure you know your product inside and out. You are gonna get questions, and you want to make sure you have the knowledge to back it up instead of sitting there twiddling your fingers "Uummmm...." Confidence is key! If you come up to me trying to sell me something and you 1. Don't have knowledge of your product, and 2. Don't believe in your product, I WILL go somewhere else. And so will other people. I don't care if you are my best friend, or even family. But, that's just me.

So...now that you have a knowledge and love for your product what is your next step? NETWORKING! 
What does this mean exactly? It's basically you getting together with other people, and supporting each other's businesses. 

When I was living back in Southern California and I had my boutique I had started a networking group on facebook. I started adding people who I knew either had a small business, were craft and fair vendors, even photographers. It started off with all of us just talking back and forth. Inviting each other to craft fairs, farmer's markets, etc. But it eventually got to a point where I was doing monthly events at my home where each month a select few different vendors were showcased and able to set up a table. Like a mini "fair". There was never the same vendor showcased 2 months in a row. This was great because it not only gave those people an opportunity to talk about their product like they would at any other "networking" meeting, but they were able to sell what they had there as well. I ended up getting to know so many people and becoming friends. What did that mean for our businesses though? Well, if I knew of an event coming up, or vice versa, we would let eachother know and sign up together. Business in general is so much easier when you have a support system! By the time I moved out of state, and turned over the group to a close friend we had hundreds of members! So it was like our little "networking" community.

This is what you want! Strive for this. Try and find something in your area that gears towards networking, or even just the same ideas etc that you might have. And if you can't find anything, start it up yourself! "If you build it, they will come!" Pretty much applies here.

Anna and I are in this process as we speak. We have been trying to reach out to those in our area who are of like minds to help strengthen our community. Eventually one day we want to have our own shop and fill it with items that we either make ourselves, or that we sell on consignment from local artists in the area. Big dreams! It WILL happen eventually. Baby steps. 



Going back to networking...
If you want to attract the right people to your business maybe try this simple spell for Professional Success:

What you will need:

A photo of yourself, or business
1 Green or Red 7 day candle
A coin
Attraction incense (check previous post for our recipe)
Prosperity incense
Frankincense and Citrus Bliss (Contains wild orange, lemon, grapefruit, mandarin, bergamot, tangerine, clementine, and vanilla oil) Essential Oils

Ingredients for Prosperity Incense:

Frankincense, Bergamot, Cloves, and Red Clover Blossoms



*Before doing this spell, be sure of the things you are asking for. Once this is in motion, it is nearly impossible to stop.

Cast your circle before you begin. (You can refer to our other post How to Cast a Circle)
If you feel the need to call upon any deities, gods, goddesses, guardians etc, now would be the time.



First, you are going to want to dress your candle. I find that a skewer or metal stick is effective in making holes in your candle all the way to the bottom. Next, fill your candle up with the essential oils. Make sure that the oils cover the top of your candle.
Next, add your incense to the top of your candle. Just enough that it covers the oil. (I mixed the 2 together in a small bowl beforehand) Your candle is now ready.



Put your picture in front of your candle and place your coin on top. (I keep a separate coin for when I need it in my magickal workings)



As you light your candle I want you to close your eyes and envision what you see for yourself and your business. Picture your business in your mind, down to every last detail. Do you have a storefront, or is it an online business? What does it look like? Picture yourself interacting with your customers. See yourself selling your items, giving knowledge. Envision the exchange of money. Keep all of these positive thoughts going as you begin to chant:

Prosperity, Prosperity
Bring all good things in life to me.
Attraction help my business grow
In love and light, now make it so!

Some of you may say this just 3 times. I tend to repeat my spells until I feel that the magickal energy has released itself. Luckily for me it hasn't gotten into the double digits. 

I find that sometimes the most simple spells are most effective as long as you have the intent behind it.



I recently did a quick healing spell with one of the spell candles Anna and I dressed for Healing and not 5 minutes after I lit it, it cracked the glass! I thought to myself..."My magick is so strong that I'm breaking shit!" LOL. 
The point here is to remember that the magick comes from inside of you. You are what makes it work. Everything else, just increases it. 

Close the Circle when you are done and remember to thank any and all whom you have invited to help you.
Remember to light your candle every day. You don't have to go through the whole process of casting a circle, calling upon deities, or repeating the spell, but if you feel like it, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt.

Soon you will be enjoying the bountiful blessings that this wonderful spell will be bringing to you.

(On a side note: Anna and I are in the process of making a batch of spell candles that you will be able to purchase. You will be able to choose from Attraction, Prosperity, Healing, or Divination. I'm sure there will be more options later on, but this will be our basis.)

Remember when I was talking to you guys about nurturing your friendships and how your relationships are like a garden? The same goes for your professional life. Plant the seeds, give it nutrients, water, sun...the things it needs to grow and you will see it flourish as well.

And above all...Don't be a dick!
This will make networking extremely difficult for you. That, and your garden can't grow if the soil is sour. So...

Let your light shine so brightly upon others that they too want to be a beacon unto the world!
~Luminessa 

1 comment:

  1. Salsa Picante De Chile Habanero XXXTIN - iTanium-arts.com
    The Salsa Picante de Chile titanium aura quartz Habanero XXXTIN from the company titanium nipple bars "Tinanium Arbol" is a fusion of fresh red trex titanium headphones habaneros, fresh red tomatoes, and a titanium wheels hint of lime titanium connecting rod to create $3.95 · ‎In stock

    ReplyDelete