Thursday, March 24, 2016

Coffee Scrub

Thanks to my MIL Gale for this recipe. It comes from The Spa at Mohonk Mountain House in New York.

Did you know that coffee is an all-natural exfoliate?


Mix together one cup cooled used coffee grounds.

For me 3 pots of coffee yielded 1 cup of grounds. I just set them aside until I had enough






1/2 cup sugar (also a dry skin reliever)


And 1 tablespoon jojoba oil (Which hydrates skin without leaving it greasy)




Mix together until oil has softened enough to equally distribute.






Gently rub mixture all over your body in a circular motion, then rinse and pat dry!




A few notes...
* I recommend this for the avid coffee lover only. Himself says I don't smell like a walking coffee shop but I can definitely smell it on myself. But I don't mind.
* I used this as soon as I mixed it and it makes about 2 uses. I'm not sure how long it will keep but I do recommend sealing any that is left over and refrigerating it.
* The visual effect of coffee being spread over skin is... well Extraordinarily Exotic :) I wasn't expecting that lol





Enjoy~
AnnaStacia

No comments:

Post a Comment