Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Red Opal




I don't know about all of you, but when I was first starting to get into magick I obviously wasn't that knowledgeable in all of the different stones and their meanings. There are so many out there and so much information, that you can't memorize every one. But, you can get an idea of it's general properties. For instance, opal itself is full of light and inspiration, but there are many different kinds of opal and they each have their own properties.

Today I wanted to share Red Opal with you.

I had picked these up at Crimson Moon for both my son and I. My plan is to wire wrap them and turn them into pendants. Red Opal is said to stimulate positive energy, reduce hostility, increase positive thoughts, and create balance. With my son getting down on himself at school, I thought this would be the perfect stone. 

Red Opal is also known as Cherry Opal or the Utah Lace Opal. It is NOT Fire Opal, but they do share similar metaphysical properties.


Red Opal can be used at the 1st Chakra (Root/Base Chakra), 2nd Chakra (Sacral/Spleenic Chakra), 6th Chakra (Third Eye/Brow Chakra), or the 7th Chakra (Crown Chakra) to stimulate vitality and passion for life, to instil creative inspiration, to stimulate one's psychic abilities, to enhance connection to the fire element, for treating depression or apathy, and to promote spiritual ascension. 

I do hope that this has inspired you!

Love and Light )O(
~Luminessa




No comments:

Post a Comment