Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Homemade face moisturizer




OK, so I just made this yesterday and I love it already! 

All my life I've had really bad acne, even as an adult (talk about unfair). I have a love hate relationship with all the acne medications, soaps, creams, tinctures and potions. Sometimes they work but they always dry out my skin, even though I have naturally oily skin. So the other day Guenivere told me that she has a friend that has been putting straight coconut oil on their face and their acne has super cleared up! So I gotta try this right, with a kick!

I recently acquired my wholesale license for Young Living Essential Oils so I made up a fabulous cream for all over skin care and hopefully focusing on acne.



In a 4 oz glass amber salve jar (Which, if you are local, I bought at A to Zen in Carson City) I mixed...

2 oz coconut oil  
2 oz grapeseed oil.
5 drops Frankincense oil
2 drops Rosemary oil
2 drops Patchouli oil

I added all the oils together in the amber jar. (you can totally add more drops or less I was worried about the smells being over powering on my face but it's not even an issue) Then I put about 1 cup of water in a small pot and put the jar in the pot. Then put it on the stove until the coconut oil melted, stiring the whole time with a skinny Popsicle stick. Once it was all melted and mixed I let it cool down on the counter for a hot minute, then put it in the fridge for exactly one episode of The Walking Dead then I used it and it was fabulous!

I was worried it was going to be oily but it wasn't at all. My skin soaked it all up and was just super soft. And was still soft and non oily when I woke up. So I used it this morning then applied make up as usual and so far so good! I also have a healing tattoo that is SOOOO dry so I put some of this wonder oil on it and it was non greasy and softened up the scabby scars (TMI??)

I bought the coconut oil at Walmart in the cooking oil isle in Gville and the grapeseed oil at Whole Foods in Reno. If you are interested in Young Living Oils here is the link https://www.youngliving.com/ they are truly amazeballs! 


I hope you found this informative and if you try it out let us know how it worked!!

Enjoy,
AnnaStacia





No comments:

Post a Comment