Thursday, March 17, 2016

How to Make Egg Planters




Alright, I am so pleased to finally be posting this, you have no idea! Between Quick Time, Media Maker, and finally, whatever program my husband had on his laptop, I was able to edit our actual "first blog video". Tomorrow I will be actually downloading the new software to my computer. When you are NOT tech savvy, this stuff can get frustrating. But enough about my lack of computer knowledge...

One of the most awesome craft projects Anna and I did to celebrate Ostara were these cute, amazing egg planters!

What you will need:


A bucket, pot, or whatever else you would like to stick your eggs in

Clean empty egg shells

Potting Soil

Seeds of your choice

Popsicle sticks

Moss, shells, stones, figurines, etc to decorate



Between the two of us we spent a total of about $5.
We got the buckets at the Dollar Tree
Seeds were .25 cents a packet at the Dollar Tree
The popsicle sticks were also purchased at the Dollar Tree
Everything else we had on hand already.

The herbs we used were:
Cilantro
Basil
Thyme
Sage
Lavender
and Dill

You can plan to do this at your home or maybe start a community garden. I found it looked quite adorable as a centerpiece on my dinning room table. 






Eggs are a symbol of fertility and Spring. But what exactly do eggshells consist of? According to botanical-online.com they consist of these properties:
Water

Protein

Ashes

Calcium

Potassium

Sodium

Phosphorus

Iron

Magnesium



With all of these properties, how could it not be a great way to plant your herbs? Eggs themselves act as a great addition to compost as well. So even if you don't use them as planters, you can grind it up and add it to your soil. 

I LOVE EGGS!




Here is our first ever together blog video! I hope you like it!

Please like us on facebook, comment below and let us know what you think, and share! Share Share Share! Our biggest goal is to try and get the information from our heads to your ears!

With Love and Light
~Luminessa

No comments:

Post a Comment