Tuesday, March 8, 2016

March 8th Solar Eclipse





I don't know about any of you, but every time I hear about any sort of Eclipse I get really excited! That, and I get that song "Total Eclipse of the Heart" stuck in my head. But they are such a rare and beautiful thing, how can you not get excited? Especially when all of Earth's energies will be heightened!
The downfall to this particular Eclipse is that it is occuring at 3:19pm our time. But never fear my friends! Just because you can't see it happening doesn't mean that the energy won't be there. I'm just jealous of those living in Australia and Asia today.
What exactly does this solar eclipse mean for you? First, know that a SOLAR eclipse can only occur during a new moon. And with March's new moon being in Pisces it brings supercharged energies with it. Dreams, change, new beginnings, and rebirth are prominent now. (Which is what Ostara is all about). Sage Goddess said it well..."Pisces says dream; new moon says start, and with eclipse energy shining light on areas that need attention and forcing events into play that will usher you forward, now is the time."


When an Eclipse occurs it is the perfect time to look within. Where are you at in life? Take a quick minute to think about it. Is where you are now align with where you want to be? Look inward and decide exactly what you like, and what you want to change. It's up to you to make it happen, to be the person you want to be!
So let's make some quick magick!


First and foremost you want to make sure you are protected. Yes, energies are heightened, but we want to make sure that the negative energy stays out. Be sure to cast a circle (I will make a post on that next).
Lets move on to our simple Eclipse Ritual.
*Keep in mind, this can be used in the days leading up to the Eclipse as well.
First, take your ritual bath, making it part of your meditation. Let the water heal and cleanse you of any negative energy that might be lingering around.
Because you are working with an excess of energy you will want to make sure that you will be open to all the truths that need to be seen; and make sure you are ready emotionally to accept them as well.
Next, sit at your altar or outside, or wherever you are planning to do your ritual and light a cleansing smudge or some palos santos (which I prefer the scent of) while focusing on your intention with purpose.
Light your candle. White will work just fine.
Now relax and try to focus within. Start some breathing exercises. Take deep breaths in and out focusing on the air filling your lungs and leaving your body. Move your focus from your breath to your candle's flame, and then on to your intention.


Ask yourself: If I had no fears, what would I be doing? What fears are holding me back? What do I seek to start right now?
Now reflect and write about your answers. I find that it helps release the energy out when I put things on paper. You can feel the dense energy of your fears and blockages flowing through your pencil and onto the paper.
Once it's out, take another deep breath. Breathe in all of the super charged energy, allowing it to fill yourself. When you are full, push it outside of yourself, into your aura. Let it form a protective shield around you.
From here you will want to work with your protection tools. Some black tourmaline or petalite; a protection candle, or whatever you prefer that works for you. *Remember you want to keep out those negative energies!
When you are done, take your paper and place it inside or underneath something at your altar. Anywhere out of sight; heck, go bury it in the backyard if you're outside! Then after a few months pull it back out to see where your journey has taken you.
Close with a blessing, making sure to thank all the entities that made this moment possible.

Mother Earth, I relinquish my fears to you, that I may ground in you.
Father Sky, I release all worry to you, that I may float in your ether.
Grandmother Moon, I bask in your presence, that I may see the unseen.
Grandfather Sun, I soak in your warmth, that I may heal in your fire.
So Mote it Be!

This ritual I found at www.sagegoddess.com and made my own.

May your light shine so brightly upon others that they too want to be a beacon unto the world!
~Luminessa

No comments:

Post a Comment